A puncture, a blowout or, simply, the loss of air is one of the most frequent breakdowns that usually occurs in a car. However, seven out of ten drivers admit that they do not know how to act in this situation.
Here are five easy steps to change a wheel and resume your journey without problems:
- Stop the car in a safe place and make yourself visible to other drivers with FlashLED SOS V16 Connected.
- Locate the necessary tools (spare tire, jack, wrench and the adapter if the car has security bolts) and loosen the wheel nuts before jacking up the car.
- Raise the vehicle with the jack until the flat tire is almost off the ground. Remove the bolts and take off the wheel.
- Install the spare tire and hand-tighten the bolts.
- Remove the jack and tighten the bolts with the wrench.
Remember, when you're done, make sure to check the tire pressure at the nearest gas station to drive safely.